There are some things in life you can’t learn in school. For instance, most people don’t know how to be a decent human from the courses we take, it’s something we learn by surrounding ourselves with others. You can’t learn to be happy in a classroom, sure you can be satisfied in one, but where do you learn what happiness is? By being around others who are happy. Each and every day I learn something new, I meet new people, and I genuinely enjoy my life.
Lessons I have learned through travel.
1. The world does not revolve around you.
2. Money comes and goes.
3. Not all forms of education come from sitting in a classroom.
4. I am happier when I am learning in the real world.
5. Some people have it worse than me.
6. Some people have it better than me.
7. Resorts do not show the real side of a country.
8. When you travel alone, you should be cautious about where you are going and who you are talking to.
9. That being said, do not be scared to talk to people and be open.
10. There is always a reason to smile.
Boston Aruba October 2018.